Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Music: Interview with Jon Magnusson, eclectic #songwriter and musician

We always find the most interesting musicians around the world and it's a pleasure to introduce Jon Magnusson, a Swedish songwriter and musician with a wide range of musical talent. Read on to find more about his music!




Welcome! Please tell us a little about your background and where you are from.

I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and I have been playing music since I was a little kid. But I've been doing it more seriously the last 2.5 years. 

What kind of music do you play and why did you choose this genre?

I started playing mostly indie and folk but with time I have explored new genres like jazz and progressive rock. I have even done some electronica and hip hop collaborations.


It’s great to explore! Who was your greatest influence to follow in the music career? Why?

I use to say I have three big influences: 1. Swedish and British punk 2. Leonard Cohen 3. Simon & Garfunkel.

Excellent influences! Do you also write the lyrics and compose the songs?

I do almost everything. From writing music and lyrics to producing and recording. I do collaborate with two great producers/engineers as well.

Very creative! You seem to be involved in most of the production of your music. When was the first time you performed live and how did you feel?

2 years ago in a little venue in Stockholm and I was dead nervous but on stage it felt amazing.

I bet it was nerve-wracking but I’m sure you are pretty comfortable performing! Is there a specific performance you feel was your best so far? If so, where and why?

A gig I did at a pub in Brighton, UK. A lot of people showed up and even though almost no one knew my music I got them to sing-along to the last song. 

Fantastic! What do you enjoy the most about your interaction with the fans?

That it gives me both encouragement and inspirations to write new songs. I love when people share their story with me.

Awesome. You just mentioned that your fans give you inspiration to write new songs, but is there anywhere else that makes you draw inspiration to compose? 

From a lot of different places. Real life experience, literature, other's experiences. I also like writing from others perspective, build up a character and try to imagine myself in his or her shoes.

What are you working on now and what are your plans for the future? Where can we find and buy your music?

I recently finished an instrumental EP that's more prog folk/jazz/psychedelic and I'm planning the release of it. Then you'll never know what I will come up with :) Best place is via my website www.jonmagnusson.se where you can find links to all different places where you can buy/stream my music.


Congratulations on your newest release! Is there anything else you'd like to add?

I love getting to know my listeners so please get in touch via e-mail or my messenger m.me/jonmagnussonof


Thank you so much for your time, and we wish you lots of success in your music career!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment