Thursday, August 3, 2017

Music: Interview with German Musician and Songwriter Mister Tetzentheil



To find out more about this musician who's constantly creating new music, read below. And don't forget to subscribe to his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDCzd6blNRcZVRHb0xZcidw

Please tell us a little about your background and where you are from.

I grew up in Munich, Bavaria, Germany without father and without siblings. School was horror to me. They either picked on me or wanted to make use of my achievements copying my homework and stuff. I finished High School and then studied medicine. But due to my health, I had to break up with that dream.

When did you realize you had a calling for music?

About two years ago, I had everything at home that a studio needed and was unemployed. My brain shot out new lyrics every day, and I would play with the chords on my guitar until they’d fit them. I started to breed the impossible-seeming dream I could break through with my music.

Seems like a big change in career paths. Who was your greatest influence to follow in the music career? Why?

Discovering my mentor Captain Schwilly. He’d promise nothing, but seemed to be everywhere at the same time. He gave me tons of encouragement and had the parole: "The music industry is full of sharks! Take ownership of your own career!” And he showed me a functioning concept on how to gain fans without any record deal. Which I partially yet have put into practice.

That’s interesting! Do you also write the lyrics and compose the songs?


I have an allergy against covering. This only happened once, but it was a friend of mine who sang and played guitar in that piece. Otherwise, my lyrics and my riffs are 100% my own ideas. Ideas that sometimes frighten me because they are so perverted (not in the sexual sense).

It’s great to be creative and full of ideas. When was the first time you performed live and how did you feel?

It was back in 1998 when I had to sing a Greek song by Mikis Theodorakis on a school concert. I was so nervous I’d visit the next church and pray 30 min ahead of the gig. But as I saw, from the corner of my eye, my old Latin teacher swing along as I was playing, I lost concentration for a second and that second was too much. We messed the end of the song up. (“We” was my first band!).

I’m sure you were a nervous wreck! Is there a specific performance you feel was your best so far? If so, where and why?

My best performance was in a hospital ward. My co-patients gathered around me and listened and even suggested for me to participate in the "Deutschland sucht den Superstar" (similar to “America’s next top singer” in Germany). They said I was so shy and an introvert, but as they watched me perform, this perception was eradicated…

Sounds like a great experience. What do you enjoy the most between your interactions with the fans?

The sudden cordiality and leaving people behind in a good mood and somehow united.



Indeed, music can bring people together. How do you draw inspiration to write your music? 

I’ve lived such intense life and often swayed in my 39 years, but all detours in my life enrichened me. You could lock me up in prison and I’d still write, I have a big treasure box inside.

What are you working on now and what are your plans for the future? Where can we find and buy your music?

I’m working on Mailerlite to get a reasonable squeeze page and thus get to collect E-Mail addresses of people who I’m engaged with. “Fans” is a dumb word. Either best friends or super fans ;-) You can find over 70 partially embarrassing pieces on youtube by “Mister Tetzentheil” or by mister_tetzentheil on Sound cloud. Or visit my URL mistertetzentheil.com. I’m planning to upload at least one good rated song onto Spotify in order to get noticed by more than just music industry representatives who are out mostly to scam you and charge money in advance, later telling you what you’ve got to wear and what to sing...

Good luck with your music! Is there anything else you'd like to add?

I’d just like to add that you please not mistake me for arrogant. Yesterday, I was so moved by an unsigned young rap singer that I offered him the top position on my URL´s front page. Not to patronize him, but for the win-win situation. And I don’t want to patronize and despise anyone. I love networking with colleagues, but soon will have to ride a more sober trail since philanthropy doesn’t get my fridge filled...

Thank you for your time telling us a little about you and your music!

No comments :

Post a Comment