Friday, January 6, 2017

Lifestyle: Images with talented Italian Photographer Riccardo Mantero





We’re starting the first blog post of the New Year by getting to know a super talented photographer. He has an impressive gallery of beautiful pictures that makes you dream of exotic landscapes and colorful settings. Authors, take note - that’s what startling book covers are made of! Well, let’s introduce the artist.

Hi, Riccardo, we’re so happy to start the New Year blog featuring you and your work. Please tell us a little about your background and where you are from.

I'm a freelance photographer and photography addict from Italy. My main job is as consultant in IT environments, but my dream is to live off my photo.

Wonderful dream and I’m sure you’ll live up to it. When did you realize you had your calling for photography?

I don't remember exactly. I've been always fascinated by the world of images and photos. I took my first photo with my own camera in the primary school, so I think I can answer a "long time ago". 



That really sounds like you always wanted to take pictures. Who was your greatest influence to follow in the photography career? Why?

Ansel Adams, and Canaletto (not a photographer but, something really close for his time). I love the detail, the definition, the hyper-realistic views, in some case even surrealistic ones.

Yes, Canaletto’s landscape paintings do look better than some photography. And what drove you to start taking pictures and what do you prefer to shoot?

Basically I love the colors and the fantastic hues of nature in some circumstances. During my travels I see a lot of these; I love to sit down and observe the changing of light and colors. Then why not take photos to capture the beauty? And what’s better than a beautiful sunset over a stunning landscape?

Absolutely! I’m glad you take pictures to save the wonderful moments of nature. What's your favorite subject to shoot? Why?

The American Southwest parks and wilderness, because there's everything, from colors to marvelous opens skies, deserts, lakes, mountains. 




Sounds fantastic! Nature at its best. And how do you decide what to shoot and where to find the best conditions for it?

I plan a lot. I start to plan my shots before leaving by watching other works, maps, documentaries. I try to give my interpretation or style to the places I visit, even if they are really famous. Regarding the conditions, I use some apps for light, sun and moon, weather, hope and some luck.


And you take amazing pictures. When was the first time your photography was published professionally?

A few years ago, Getty asked me for some photos to publish on their site and sell, but if you mean something more traditional, the most read Italian photography magazine found some of my shots on flickr and asked me to publish an article about them.

That’s impressive. What's the best picture you've ever taken and why?

Heh, difficult to say, probably of my little son, born this year; but talking about landscape I want to say a view of New York City from the Empire State Building, during the blue hour. It may be a little banal, but it is mine with my style. Take a look at it, and judge yourself. 




You have a little model now, congratulations on your baby boy. Yes, NY is always a fantastic place for pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. What are you working on now and what are your plans for the future?

I'm still working on some shots I've taken in India this past summer, and some in the USA just after that. My next trip probably will be to the Sahara Desert, Morocco and Marrakech.

Those places must be spectacular for pictures. Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers?

Yes! I'm starting to prepare and organize a few selected advanced workshops to present on the road across the American Southwest, complete with shooting and post production sessions. If someone is interested, I'd like to ask your readers to let me to know.

Riccardo, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to introduce your work to us. We wish you a lot of success with your remarkable talent.

Those interested in photography and wishing to attend Riccardo’s workshops, please contact him through one of his social media links below:

Shop for prints and licenses: http://shop.riccardomantero.com





No comments :

Post a Comment