Monday, October 17, 2016

Books: Interview with Writer and Mind Mentor M.A. Nevvis



Today we're interviewing M.A. Nevvis, author and mind mentor. Read below to find more about his background and work.

The author was born in Brooklyn, New York. He left his home at the ripe age of 10 to begin a new life in Saint Louis, Missouri. Times were emotionally and mentally challenging but he prevailed. During the course of the life that he has lived, he has died many times. He uses prose at times to express those instances. M.A Nevvis enjoys sitting in calm environments to listen for otherwise unnoticed voices in nature. He also enjoys being tackled by happy dogs that have missed him.

When did you realize you wanted to write and when did you start writing?

I realized that I wanted to write when my mind was about to explode with jumbled words and mixed emotions of past and present. I started writing when I found good use of paper and pens and notebooks. I would just write, and write, and write. 5 minutes later there would be meaningful words that I had to read as if it were my first interaction with myself.

Great way for self discovery. What genre do you write and what's your target audience?

Someone told me once that my genre is Prose. Whether it is or not is beyond my interest. All I do is
sit and reflect; whatever is written is written. It takes me a few times to fully understand what I have written and what it means. Ironically, I have learned much about myself since my mind has began to write. My target audience is nobody in particular. If people can understand and have interest in the art that I offer to this world then I am humbled and appreciative of the time that they have taken to enjoy what has become.

How many books have you published? Do you have a favorite?

I have published only a single piece of art, but I have written personal pieces for people that have been given to only them. Whatever they have used it for is their own path, not mine. As to my favorite pieces I would have to say the personal pieces that were written only for them and nobody else. I believe in pure and personalized art. If I could sit down with each and every person in the world individually and gather thoughts to write down in a poetic form then I would. We have so much trapped within our minds that it is only a matter of provoking them to surface that could change the perspective that we carry for ourselves and each other.

What is your favorite quote, and who wrote it?

My favorite quote is "I love you" by everyone who says it.

Do you have a favorite author? Who? What's your favorite book? Has this author or book influenced your writing in any way?

My favorite author is Paul. He was a convicted criminal that lived long ago. He was rejected by many because He chose to follow a man that wanted nothing more in life but to sacrifice himself for all.
  Are you optimistic/hopeful/romantic?

I am optimistic and hopeful that romance and hope will make us all optimistic that hopeless romantics will gain hope in being optimistic about all 3 classifications. As to myself I believe that I can be a combination of all 3 with a fluctuating level of each.

What are you working on now?

I am working on 3-4 pieces at the present time.

1) Teach Me about Jesus
2) The Distance between Us
3) The Adventures of Gianni and Rocco

I am also in the beginning stages of writing a piece with a talented individual, as well as a weekly online series, which I have not began just yet. Stay tuned...
I have not a clue when they will be complete, nor if others pieces will begin. I am currently helping a few other writers with whatever they need as with whatever I can offer.

Where can we find out more about you and your work?

There are not many places to find out more about me unless you look on GoodReads or Twitter. Yet, anyone has the option to email me, or message me on either social platform. It might take a few days or so but I usually respond to as many as I can.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?

Yes, the way that I write, speak, carry myself, think, and react are purely my own. Nobody is expected to be like anyone else. If we cannot help someone without hurting them then we must leave them alone altogether. We all have our own paths none better than the other. None of us has lived/lives the perfect life as to make it the blueprint for everyone else. You would not believe how many perfect people are out in the world with goals of nothing but fame, pride, and outward beauty. 

Also, increasing the value of one does not decrease the value of anyone else.

Thank you so much for telling a little about you and your work to our readers. 



To check M.A. Nevvis's book, click on the link below:

No comments :

Post a Comment