Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Books: Book Blog Tour for Hook, by K.R. Thompson - new release

Today we interview writer K.R. Thompson, who has just released her newest book, Hook: The Untold Stories of Neverland. 
 
"Archie Jameson sat in the dark corners of the print shop, dreaming of adventure.
Today, it found him.
Caught in a chilly October storm, he ducked into a tavern, hoping to escape the rain. What he found, was a room teeming with pirates. Shanghaied by the most elderly of the lot, Archie found himself serving on a ship captained by the fiercest pirate ever to sail the seven seas--the man known as Blackbeard.
Through a series of thrilling twists, Archie finds himself captain of another of Blackbeard's ships, the Jolig Roger. In an attempt to flee danger, his ship becomes lost under stars never before seen.
Determined to save both his crew and the woman he loves, Archie will make decisions that will forever seal his fate.
Discover the untold story of the man who became Captain Hook."
 
Kim, tell us where are you from and what's your background?
I am from a small town in Virginia called Tazewell, which is nestled in the Appalachian Mountains. I've lived close by for my entire life. I love it!

That must be a beautiful place! When did you realize you are a writer and when did you start writing?
I actually began writing about 5 years ago following a miscarriage. It was therapeutic. There is something about building your own worlds and characters that is soothing, yet very addictive. I think the realization that I was a writer hit me after I held my first book in print.

It's a great feeling holding your first book in print, right? And what genre do you write and what's your target audience?
My first series was strictly YA paranormal. I was targeting a younger audience, but I've attracted the attention of everyone from 10-68 years old. The majority of my fans seem to be in their late twenties and early thirties, though.
With Hook, I can't really tell you what genre it is as it falls into so many categories and is so cross-genre. With it, I'm hoping that anyone who loves fairytales will enjoy it.

Hook is your latest release, so how many books have you published? Do you have a favorite?
Hook is my fourth published book. I've enjoyed writing every one of them, but Hook is my favorite (so far. ;) )

It sounds like a very interesting story! How did you have the idea of writing a book based on Peter Pan? What was your motivation?
I've always had a soft spot for the villains in fairytales and cartoons. Even as a child I kept hoping that Tom would eventually catch Jerry and that the poor coyote would somehow find the right ACME equipment to capture the roadrunner. The tale of Peter Pan was always my favorite, though. I've always wondered why Captain Hook hated Peter Pan so, and why he didn't just sail away from Neverland. So I decided that I would write his story. It was my own personal salute to my childhood.
 
Do you have a favorite author? Who? What's your favorite book? Has this author or book influenced your writing in any way?
Diana Gabaldon is my favorite author of all time. And her first book, Outlander, is the best! I had the wonderful fortune of meeting her as I was writing my first book. Her advice to aspiring authors during her lecture was to never give up. And I haven't. :)

That's the best advice, never give up. Are you optimistic/hopeful/romantic?
 
I'm hopefully optimistic, but I believe that you should have to work for your happy ending. Needless to say, I put my characters through a lot!

What are you working on now?
I am currently writing the last installment of my first series, The Keeper Saga. I'm hoping to have it out in the late spring of this year. After that, I'll be working on the book to follow Hook. Nerida will be out in the fall.

We can't wait! The Keeper Saga is an exciting read! Where can we find out more about you and your work?
Facebook is the best place to keep up with me, though you can also see what I'm into on my website and Twitter.
Twitter: @TheKeeperSaga
 
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
I'd like to thank Andrea for featuring Hook on her beautiful blog. :)
 
Thank you so much for your time and wishing you much success!

Don't forget to check Hook on Amazon, now for only 99 cents special release price!





 
 
 

2 comments :

  1. Awesome Interview.. I just love Hook.. I<3 K.R. Thompson...

    ReplyDelete