Friday, October 18, 2013

Book: Money - A Love Story by Kate Northrup

Book: Money - A Love Story by Kate Northrup

I really struggled with this review. At first glance, I was excited to read a book that would give me good advice on how to handle money and be debt free. I had never read a book about financial advice before, so this was something new that I wanted to try, and this book seemed promising. However, I felt that some suggestions given were not very realistic to the average population who is already struggling with debt and money issues, specifically the advice about getting help from a financial adviser. Not that the advice is not a good one, most definitely I believe it is, however it doesn't seem practical for me, for example, to spend money on a financial adviser monthly when I have real bills to pay.  

The book is basically a workbook with several exercises, which I also found annoying at times. I would have preferred to read it without the interruptions of the exercises - maybe if they were at the end of the book, they would not be so distracting, in my opinion. The love money quiz at the beginning of the book was very good and an eye opener, though. I also enjoyed reading the suggestions at the end of the book about self help, seminars, sites to join, research, and the pros and cons of exploring the financial freedom freeways of residual income possibilities. Overall not a bad read, as there are really some very good suggestions and advice, but the format didn't quite work that well for me. 



FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from Hay House Publishing for this review. The opinion in this review is unbiased and reflects my honest judgment of the product.

2 comments :

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete